Re: Weird new time zone

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Weird new time zone
Date: 2004-07-10 08:08:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32

> You tell us ... what's your real timezone, and what do you get from
> pushing up the log level to DEBUG4 during postmaster start?

OK, I have log level set to debug4 and australian_timezones set to true.
The system time zone is set to WST.

Attached is the startup log. I should point out that the Casey
Antarctic base is in the Australian Antarctic Territory and it is in the
same time zone as Perth, Western Australia for me:

http://times.clari.net.au/location.php3/Antarctica/Casey
http://times.clari.net.au/location.php3/Australia/Perth

So I guess in many ways, PostgreSQL is correct - just...weird...

I should also point out that with australian_timezones set to false, it
still picks Casey Station in Antarctica.

Chris

Attachment Content-Type Size
startup.txt text/plain 9.1 KB