Re: Server Side PL support

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: David Wheeler <david(at)wheeler(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Server Side PL support
Date: 2004-02-29 23:40:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Yes. I am looking at a few of these things (preloading, intra-perl
calling, array and tuple return), and I understand that CommandPrompt is
doing some plperl work too. They already have a plperl which does
triggers. My question was not "what functionality do we need from PLs?"
but rather "what do PLs need from the core for good support?" I
particularly had catalog support in mind, but there could be other areas
too.

I'm glad to see you support the efforts to make plperl something more
useful. One idea I had for a GForge/GBorg project when that gets going
is a place for collaborating on experimental plperl work, before it gets
merged back to the core.

cheers

andrew