Installing Contrib Modules with a Precompiled Binary

From: Aram Fingal <fingal(at)multifactorial(dot)com>
To: Postgres-General General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Installing Contrib Modules with a Precompiled Binary
Date: 2010-09-20 18:06:04
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm using the OS X precompiled binary from EnterpriseDB and want to add the tablefunc contrib module. I haven't been able to find any documentation about how to do this or even whether modules can be added to this binary version.

I suppose that it may be a good idea to export my databases and compile from source anyway. I see that Postgres is running as a 32-bit application while I have a 64-bit machine and OS (OS X, Snow Leopard.)

-Aram