Re: I know installation questions are boring ...

From: Alexander Jerusalem <ajeru(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I know installation questions are boring ...
Date: 2000-11-17 11:11:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you Alfred and Tom, I did both, use absolute paths and change
PG_VERSION to a UNIX format and it worked.

Unfortunately I'm running into another problem. Now when I try to start up
the postmaster by entering
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
I'm getting the error message: "FATAL 1: Database "ajeru" does not exist
in the system catalog."

ajeru is the username I'm logged in to. The initdb command was also
submitted under this user account so I believe ajeru must be the postgres
superuser. I don't understand this error message. Of course the database
doesn't exist. As I understand it I can only use createdb when the
postmaster is running.

Thank you for your patience,

Alexander Jerusalem
VKNN