How to use constant or define inside the declare section in PostgreSQL's ecpg?

From: "Marines" <marines2000(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to use constant or define inside the declare section in PostgreSQL's ecpg?
Date: 2001-11-27 05:20:36
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I want to use a constant inside my declare section but ecpg won't allow it.
Is there a workaround? thanks....

foo.pgc
--------------------
#define SIZE 10
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
int foo[SIZE];
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

> ecpg foo.pgc
ERROR: parse error, expecting `CVARIABLE' or `ICONST' or `']'' or `'('' at
or near "SIZE"
"dtv.pc", line 42: Error: "}" expected instead of EOF.
1 Error(s) detected.

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! ==-----