Fwd: Re: ECPG error on inserting records to DB

From: Edward Pilipczuk <edx(at)astercity(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: Re: ECPG error on inserting records to DB
Date: 2001-11-26 16:03:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

>> I have problems with inserting records into DB by the C program that
>> uses ECPG interface. I am using 7.1.2 in Mandrake 8.0.
>> Sometimes it abnormally terminates with segmentation violation and
>> sometimes it produces the following SQL error message:
>
>Could this be a memory problem?

I am suspecting that !
I've noticed that behaviour when the system was uptime 41 days.
After reboot (the whole system) all starts functioning properly.
Question is who is responsible for that behaviour?
A) my daemon process?
B) kernel?
C) postmaster?

>The later means that ecpg gets an incorrect source, that is the text it
>tries to scan is not correct. Does it print this during compile time (it
>should)?

No! These are runtime messages.

>Could you strip down the example to a handy small program that you can send
>me?

No problem.

--
Edward Pilipczuk