Newbie question :-)

From: Bela Lantos <belantos(at)optusnet(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Newbie question :-)
Date: 2001-02-24 10:22:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I just started learning Database Design, our programs have to work on
Oracle, but at home I run Linux.

Can any of you tell me how portable are the programs written for Progresql?
Would they run on Oracle without problem?

Is there an easy install and configuration guide anywhere on the net? I am
a bit lost in the documentation that comes with the packages.

Regards, Bela