Re: [PERFORM] error while executing a c program with embedded sql

From: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>
To: radha(dot)manohar(at)ndsu(dot)nodak(dot)edu
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] error while executing a c program with embedded sql
Date: 2003-11-10 16:27:20
Lists: pgsql-novice pgsql-performance

radha(dot)manohar(at)ndsu(dot)nodak(dot)edu wrote:

>I have a c program called test1.pgc with some sql statements embedded in
>it. The program was preprocessed, compiled and linked. Now, I have the
>executable test1.
>
>When I run the executable it says,
>
>./test1: error while loading shared libraries: libecpg.so.3: cannot open
>shared object file: No such file or directory

check where the so file is located.
$ locate libecpg.so.3

say its /usr/local/pgsql/lib
then either add the folder above to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig
as root.

or

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/folder/containing/the/so/file
$ ./test1

the above assumes u are on linux. on unix also its similar.