Re: error while executing a c program with embedded sql

From: <radha(dot)manohar(at)ndsu(dot)nodak(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error while executing a c program with embedded sql
Date: 2003-11-09 15:06:14
Lists: pgsql-novice pgsql-performance

I have a c program called test1.pgc with some sql statements embedded in
it. The program was preprocessed, compiled and linked. Now, I have the
executable test1.

When I run the executable it says,

./test1: error while loading shared libraries: libecpg.so.3: cannot open

What does it mean by this error message? What should I do to correct this
error and run the executable successfully?

Your response would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Radha