Re: problem with RH7.3 Pg7.3.4 binaries

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Postgresql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: problem with RH7.3 Pg7.3.4 binaries
Date: 2003-08-04 17:40:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I agree with the definition of "vanilla install" below.

I can't use the machine I was upgrading to build, unfortunately. Its a
production machine I am prepping, (and is missing stuff the build
process needs even if I wanted to monkey with it), which is precisely
why I wanted to install from RPMs rather than just saying "screw it" and
installing from a source tarball.

I will see if I can get the old machine currently mouldering away in my
attic to run 7.3 and build with it, maybe some time this week. (It's
time like these you appreciate having lots of bandwidth to download ISOs).

andrew