corruption bug in 7.2.3-RH

From: Jonathan Ellis <jonathan(at)carnageblender(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: corruption bug in 7.2.3-RH
Date: 2003-02-07 20:10:38
Lists: pgsql-general

when trying to vacuum I got this:

FATAL 2: PageIndexTupleDelete: corrupted page pointers: lower = 21845,
upper = 21845, special = 21845

I experimentally determined the problem was with my "users" table. I
did a pg_dump -t on it, manually deleted all triggers, dropped the
table, and loaded from the dump. This fixed it. (Merely deleting all
rows from the table & re-copying did not.) For future reference, is
there an easier fix? Is this fixed in 7.3.2?

-Jonathan