pg and number of parameters by insert

From: pginfo <pginfo(at)t1(dot)unisoftbg(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg and number of parameters by insert
Date: 2002-12-04 08:30:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi ,

I am very confused with pg insert manipulation.

As I see pg don not check number of insert parameters and do not comapre
it to table column numbers.

For example if :

create table table_1 ( filed _1 name, field_2 int, field_3 name);

And if I try to execute:

insert into table_1 values ('f1_value',10);

I do not get any error from pg !!!

The problem is that I send two parameter and in table declaration I have
3 !

Is it bug by pg or I can setup my server to prevent my from this
mistake.

I make a litle test with oracle, MS SQL and mySQL and all this reports
error.

regards,
ivan.