LISTEN/NOTIFY

From: Cristóvão Dalla Costa <cbraga(at)bsi(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LISTEN/NOTIFY
Date: 2002-10-04 20:49:55
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

I'm developing an e-commerce site using Apache/mod_perl and, for
performance, I intend to cache rows such as user and product information
inside Perl. I think the LISTEN/NOTIFY interface would be perfect for
invalidating the cache when a product/user gets updated, yet I have not
found a way to access it from Perl -- DBI, or DBD::Pg even, offer no way
to "listen". Also, I don't really like the vanilla Pg. So, my question
to you is, is there another efficient way to accomplish notification of
updates?

Thank you

Cristóvão