Missing library files??

From: "Tony Griffiths(RA)" <griffitt(at)cs(dot)man(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Missing library files??
Date: 2002-06-19 09:37:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I've mailed this previously to the novice list, but got no response, so
hopefully this is more the appropriate place.

I'm trying to invoke the DirectFunctionCall1function as follows:

BOX* __tmp;
Datum d = DirectFunctionCall1(box_in,
BoxPGetDatum(ret_bbox));
__tmp = DatumGetBoxP(d);

(where ret_bbox is a string representation of a box)

from some client side code, but get linker errors stating that:

-> undefined reference to `DirectFunctionCall1(unsigned long
(*)(FunctionCallInfoData*), unsigned long)'

--> undefined reference to `box_in(FunctionCallInfoData*)

Is this because I'm calling the function incorrectly, or because I'm
missing the library in which these functions reside?

Many thanks,

Tony