Re: What popular, large commercial websites run PostgreSQL?

From: Fran Fabrizio <ffabrizio(at)mmrd(dot)com>
To: ARP <arnaud(dot)mlist1(at)free(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What popular, large commercial websites run PostgreSQL?
Date: 2002-04-29 14:58:28
Lists: pgsql-general

>Hi, I think this may also be interesting for the mailing list then :
>this is a copy of a message found in this list a few days or weeks
ago. >I kept it because I thought it might be useful some day :-)
>Arnaud

Yes, this message was originally posted to this very same mailing list. =)

It's good information, but again not the type for presenting to
management. Andrew Sullivan does weigh in (he's the .info guy) but
other than that it's a lot of "we're not in production yet", "we use it
for our smaller clients", or things like the "regional foundation for
contemporary art" in France, which although interesting and good to
know, does not excite management.

When I say it would be nice to have some large commercial corporations
to reference, I mean like Fortune 1000 companies or at least companies
business types have heard about. They want to be able to say "If it's
good enough for IBM and Ford Motor Co., it's good enough for us." It's
frustrating and stupid and the wrong way to think about things, but they
are the ones who make the decisions and so we have to speak their
language. They want name recognition.

I'm sure Pg is being used in some of these companies, but we just don't
know about it. That info that was just posted about US Federal Govt
agencies using it was great, by the way. Thanks!

-Fran