full text indexing

From: "Poul L(dot) Christiansen" <poulc(at)cs(dot)auc(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: full text indexing
Date: 2000-09-27 20:11:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

In my PostgreSQL database I have a lot of newspaper articles (size:
100mb now, growing beyond 1gb within few months).
I wan't to use full text indexing so that users can search the articles
with a keyword and have the results in less than one second.

How do I accomplish that?

Does PostgreSQL have this feature?

Which 3rd party indexing tools are available that easily interoperate
with PostgreSQL?

Thanks,
Poul L. Christiansen
Dynamic Paper