Re: patch - Report the schema along table name in a referential failure error message

From: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, George Gensure <werkt0(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: patch - Report the schema along table name in a referential failure error message
Date: 2009-11-15 22:18:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The real problem with the entry that George picked up on was that it was
> misdescribed and mislabeled as easy because whoever put it in ignored
> the fact that there was not a consensus to do a half-baked fix ...
> this is a problem with a wiki TODO list :-(

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that it's a problem with *any*
TODO list? I don't see what the wiki has to do with it. Garbage in,
garbage out. A poorly described item will always be trouble
regardless of what form it is in.

However, I'm not sure how productive the [E]asy marker can really be.
Items end up on the TODO generally because a) we couldn't settle on a
way forward, or b) nobody was keen to do it right away. There just
aren't many genuinely "easy" items in there, easy ones usually get
done right away.

Cheers,
BJ