Re: [GENERAL] Client dies in transaction ?

From: Leon <leon(at)udmnet(dot)ru>
To: gpsql-general <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Client dies in transaction ?
Date: 1999-08-09 12:00:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Roberto Moreda wrote:

> How can I address the problem of table locking/rollback when my client app
> dies in the middle of a transaction process?

That question has been asked by me :) By inhumane and barbaric
experiments I found that backend successfully rolls back
transactions from dead clients. The only problem is that if
there was a process of creating new tables (or other stuff
like that), there remains a corpse of that semi-created table.
But someone said this problem should be addressed, or am I
mistaken? :)

Roberto has already reproduced two of three of my Big Questions:
speed of joins and sudden client death. :) The third question
should be: what do I do with transaction deadlock, since there
is no lock wait timeouts?

--
Leon.
---------