Re: [GENERAL] question on converting M$ Access tables

From: Valerio Santinelli <tanis(at)mediacom(dot)it>
To: "William J(dot) Stotts" <wstotts(at)sonitrol(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] question on converting M$ Access tables
Date: 1999-03-11 01:44:49
Lists: pgsql-general

"William J. Stotts" wrote:

> I have a VB application that uses a M$ Access 97 table to store it's data
> in. I wish to change to postgres to store the data, and use ODBC to link
> the postgres tables back to the M$ Access mdb. Are there any utilities
> that allow me some way of automating the conversion of the mdb table
> structures into postgres short of recreating the tables from scratch in
> postgres.

You can use MSAccess97 directly and do an "export table". Or you could try the
PGAdmin package. I know it's got an export tool to export tables from
MSAccess97 to Postgres but I haven't tried it yet.

--

C'ya!

Valerio Santinelli a.k.a. TANiS
[tanis(at)mediacom(dot)it]+:+[http://www.mediacom.it/~tanis]