FWD: Erlang/Mnesia Open source

From: Clark Evans <clark(dot)evans(at)manhattanproject(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: FWD: Erlang/Mnesia Open source
Date: 1998-12-19 01:48:59
Lists: pgsql-general

FYI,

===============================

Subject: Erlang/Mnesia Open source
Date: 15 Dec 1998 17:17:15 +0100
From: Claes Wikstrom <klacke(at)erix(dot)ericsson(dot)se>
Newsgroups: comp.databases, comp.databases.theory

Hello all,

I'm posting in these database groups to announce that
Ericsson Telecommunications has just recently released the
Erlang programming language in the public domain.

The reason I post in these database groups is that with this
open source release of Erlang comes a Distributed DBMS called Mnesia
which is then also in the public domain.

Erlang is a mostly functional programming language and Mnesia
is a DDBMS which is tightly integrated in Erlang.

If you are interested, check out http://www.erlang.org for
more information about Mnesia.

/klacke

| Claes Wikstrom , tel: +46 8 719 81 08 |
| email: klacke(at)erix(dot)ericsson(dot)se |
| WWW: http://www.ericsson.se/cslab/~klacke |