New ODBC Driver v06-30-0247

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: Zsolt Varga <redax(at)agria(dot)hu>
Subject: New ODBC Driver v06-30-0247
Date: 1998-07-06 19:32:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

Its been a while but there is a new odbc driver at
http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc. This one has some significant
enhancements including a parse SQL statements option and a port to the
unix iodbc of the source code.

The SQL parsing option helps a great deal with the Borland DBExplorer
which runs queries and expects detailed information (precision,
nullability, aliases, etc.) on the result set before fetching any data.
It also uses this method in the data dictionary import. When the parser
encounters something it can't handle (like expressions or functions in a
column), it will fallback on executing the statement as before.

The parsing option, although fairly advanced, represents the first cut
of driver-side parsing. I have more improvements to come on this later.

Also, Dave revamped our website so check that out.

Byron

Attachment Content-Type Size
V06-30-0247.txt text/plain 1.4 KB