Re: seahorse again failing

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: seahorse again failing
Date: 2006-08-22 14:19:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> It would be interesting to know the actual underlying Windows error code
>> --- I see that win32error.c maps several different codes to EACCES.

> It may be a good idea to put a elog(LOG) with the error code in the
> failure path of AllocateFile.

That seems like a plan to me. I had been thinking of making
win32error.c itself log the conversions, but that would not provide any
context information. AllocateFile could log the file name along with
the code, which should be enough info to associate a particular log
entry with the actual failure.

Note you should probably save and restore errno around the elog call,
just to be safe.

Could someone with access to Windows code and test this?