Re: pg_dump of regression (again)

From: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump of regression (again)
Date: 2000-09-15 01:22:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 11:44 14/09/00 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

>> The problem is the "numeric[]" type.
>
>numeric[] is a correct display of the type (and more intelligible than
>_numeric IMHO), but quoting it is not correct. If you are feeding the
>output of format_type through something that believes it's quoting a
>single identifier, you are going to have lots of problems. It looks
>to me like format_type will supply quotes when needed, so you shouldn't
>add more.

You're quite right - I left the original pg_dump ID quoting stuff in place.

>So you have to give the raw type name, no fancy fandangoes ...

OK - I'll use typname in CREATE AGGREGATE, and see how it hangs together.

Do you know if the type parser is invoked in function declarations? If not
I probably just need to limit use of format_type to table declarations.

Philip Warner | __---_____
Albatross Consulting Pty. Ltd. |----/ - \
(A.B.N. 75 008 659 498) | /(@) ______---_
Tel: (+61) 0500 83 82 81 | _________ \