RE: current is broken

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>, "Philip Warner" <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "Tatsuo Ishii" <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: current is broken
Date: 2000-09-15 01:40:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Isn't it a problem of backend side ?
It seems quite strange to me that clients should/could assume
such a complicated rule. I was surprized to see how many
applications have used complicated(but incomplete in some
cases) definiton(criterion ?)s of views to see if a table is a
view.
Now we have a relkind for views and in addtion haven't we
already had pg_views view to encapsulate the definition of
views.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue