uppdate from postgersql 8.3.7 to 8.4.4

From: Malm Paul <paul(dot)malm(at)saabgroup(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: uppdate from postgersql 8.3.7 to 8.4.4
Date: 2010-05-25 09:38:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I'm trying to update postgresql ver 8.7.3 to 8.4.4
At the end of the installation when trying to styart the database server.... I get the following error meassage: "Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly. Failed to start the database server"

And when I try to start the server manually I get the following console print out:
Start DoCmd(net postgresql-8.4)...
System error 1069 has occured.
The service did not start due to a logon failure.
Failed to start the database server.

I've checked the 8.4\Data folder and it is empty.

Is ther anyone who has a solution for this?

Kind regards,
Paul