Re: systems 2007 ...

From: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, Robert Gravsjö <robert(at)blogg(dot)se>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: systems 2007 ...
Date: 2007-11-02 08:15:36
Lists: pgeu-general

> Not only you :)
> But making a flyer is very difficult, because you really get sure,
> that there is nothing inside, where MySQL could say, PostgreSQL is
> bashing them. I often talked with the BSD guys because they have a
> flyer BSD versus Linux. They told me, that was a really difficult
> work, to make this flyer because of not bashing Linux or making
> sentences, where Linux could say: "that's against us".

I had a chance to read some of the BSD flyers. They made about 10
flyers containing 500 pages each. If there are C codes in marketing
flyers than something is definitely wrong. I would say that the BSD
flyers are definitely an example of what you should NOT do.
we should try to focus on flyers which are small, easy to read and
easy to understand. i will post the flyer we used as soon as i am
back in office. it seems that people really read and understood it. i
am pretty sure that the BSD flyer was not read completely more often
than in 1% of all cases.

best regards,

hans

--