Re: 7.0 configuration

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Belcher, Jim" <JBelcher(at)elastic(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.0 configuration
Date: 2001-02-03 20:18:01
Lists: pgsql-general

"Belcher, Jim" <JBelcher(at)elastic(dot)com> writes:
> When the system boots, and Postgres is attempting to
> start, I get the following error: 564, unary operator expected.

I don't believe any part of Postgres itself issues such an error code.
Perhaps the message is coming out of your shell, which would suggest
some portability problem in the pg_ctl shell script. Try running
pg_ctl by hand and/or inserting debugging echo commands to see if you
can narrow down where the problem is.

What platform are you on, anyway?