Re: pg_restore recognizing $-quotes

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore recognizing $-quotes
Date: 2004-08-18 14:47:09
Lists: pgsql-patches

"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
> ISTM that a very simple alternative would be to force pg_dump to inhibit
> dollar quoting for non-text dumps.

I don't want to do that, but I did think that a simpler alternative
would be to inhibit pg_restore from attempting to parse FUNCTION
entries. I can't see any strong need for it to do so.

(I haven't had time to review Philip's patch either... but I think Bruce
was asking whether to put it on the "awaiting review" list... definitely
yes.)