Re: pg_restore issue..

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Chris Bowlby <excalibur(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pg_hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore issue..
Date: 2002-10-04 16:44:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Chris Bowlby <excalibur(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> I've noticed a glitch (or alteast it looks like a glitch) with pg_restore
> when trying to loadup a tarred pgdump file. There are a few functions that
> have been defined that are recursive, the function call's itself until a
> case point is reached which will cause it to call the "non-recursive"
> function and exit out normally.

This is a SQL function I suppose? Before 7.3 we didn't really support
recursive SQL functions, because the function body was checked before
the function was defined. You'll have to do some hack like creating
the function with a dummy nonrecursive body and then CREATE OR REPLACE
to insert the desired body. (I suppose you must have done something
along that line to make the function originally.)