pg_restore issue..

From: Chris Bowlby <excalibur(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, <pg_hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_restore issue..
Date: 2002-10-04 14:27:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Guy's,

I've noticed a glitch (or alteast it looks like a glitch) with pg_restore
when trying to loadup a tarred pgdump file. There are a few functions that
have been defined that are recursive, the function call's itself until a
case point is reached which will cause it to call the "non-recursive"
function and exit out normally.

If I take this function and cut/paste it into a console I can get it to
work fine, meaning the function will be created. BUT if I use a pg_restore
(even if I'm re-ordering the functions) it will error out claiming that
the function in question is not there (because it's calling itself). I've
attempted to restore just the function, but the pg_restore "cleans" itself
due to the dump that was made so it removes the function before it tries
to re-create it.

I can call pg_restore -P function name, and as long as I have it's own
pre-requesite functions (other then itself) in place it will work fine..
so it's very inconsistant :(..

Anyone else run into this problem? and is there an easy solution to it?

Chris Bowlby,
Manager of Information and Technology.
excalibur(at)hub(dot)org
www.hub.org