Re: pgsql: Move Assert() definitions to c.h

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Move Assert() definitions to c.h
Date: 2013-02-04 15:32:06
Lists: pgsql-committers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> writes:
> > Move Assert() definitions to c.h
>
> This seems a bit odd. Why didn't you move all of postgres.h's section 3
> into the new section in c.h? The couple of declarations you left there
> are neither useful nor intelligible on their own.

One slight problem in this line:

extern PGDLLIMPORT bool assert_enabled;

This appears in line 622 in c.h, but PGDLLIMPORT is not defined till
line 965. So we would have to put that declaration below section 9
"system specific hacks". Having a separate
#if defined(USE_ASSERT_CHECKING) && !defined(FRONTEND)
section seems weird.