Command Prompt 8.4.4 PRMs compiled with debug/assert enabled

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Max Williams <max(dot)williams(at)mflow(dot)com>, lacey(dot)powers(at)commandprompt(dot)com, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Command Prompt 8.4.4 PRMs compiled with debug/assert enabled
Date: 2010-06-13 23:57:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-performance

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of jue jun 10 11:46:25 -0400 2010:

> > > Just notified Lacey, the packager (not so loudly, though); she's working
> > > on new packages, and apologizes for the inconvenience.
> >
> > [ Thread moved to hackers. 8.4.4 RPMs were built with debug flags. ]
> >
> > Uh, where are we on this? Has it been completed? How are people
> > informed about this? Do we need to post to the announce email list?
> > Does Yum just update them? How did this mistake happen? How many days
> > did it take to detect the problem?
> >
> > Why has no news been posted here?
> >
> > https://public.commandprompt.com/projects/pgcore/news
>
> Why have I received no reply to this email? Do people think this is not
> a serious issue? I know it is a weekend but the problem was identified
> on Thursday, meaning there was a full workday for someone from
> CommandPrompt to reply to the issue and report a status:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2010-06/msg00165.php

[ Updated subject line.]

I am on IM with Joshua Drake right now and am working to get answers to
the questions above. He or I will report in the next few hours.

FYI, only Command Prompt-produced RPMs are affected. Devrim's RPMs are
not:

http://yum.postgresqlrpms.org/

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com