Re: How to dump JUST procedures/funnctions?

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to dump JUST procedures/funnctions?
Date: 2010-03-20 08:16:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Carlo Stonebanks <stonec(dot)register(at)sympatico(dot)ca> wrote:

> I'd like to dump to text the full SQL required to create/replace all
> user-defined functions within a specific schema - but JUST the function
> declarations.
>
> We are doing server migration and there are some network paths in the
> code I would like to search and replace.

All functions are stored in pg_catalog.pg_proc, you can search the
column prosrc for your network paths.

And you can get the whole function-definition with pg_get_functiondef.

Okay. Now you can run this select:

select 'select pg_get_functiondef (' || oid || ');' from pg_proc where prosrc ~ 'network path';

The result can you use to run as commands to retrieve all
function-definitions.

Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknown)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°