Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Adjust things so that the query_string of a cached plan and the

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Adjust things so that the query_string of a cached plan and the
Date: 2009-01-07 21:48:17
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> >> We should take a second look at the usage of debug_query_string,
> >> particularly the recently added current_query() SQL function.
>
> > I looked at the use of 'debug_query_string'; I didn't see how
> > current_query() could access the more concise query string that is
> > stored in various structures (comment added); it works now by accessing
> > the global variable 'debug_query_string'.
>
> The alternative I was envisioning was to have it look at the
> ActivePortal's query string. However, if you prefer to define the
> function as returning the current client query, it's fine as-is.
> We should make sure the documentation explains it like that however.

Oh, I certainly didn't like current_query() using 'debug_query_string'.

Now that you told me about ActivePortal I have used that and it seems to
work fine. Patch attached and applied; documentation updated.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
/rtmp/diff text/x-diff 1.9 KB