So what about XSLT?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: So what about XSLT?
Date: 2008-08-15 13:11:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

An open task in replacing contrib/xml2 is the XSLT support, which the current
core implementation lacks altogether. I am known to often be in favor of a
lean core, so I have so far been hesitant to push this further, but we should
eventually come up with an implementation for the users' sake.

So where should XSLT functionality live:

- core
- contrib
- pgfoundry

There is also a related but minor question where other interesting XML
functionality should live, such as pretty-printing and canonicalization.
These would be relatively straightward passthroughs to functionality provided
by libxml already.

Comments?