Re: How to Sponsor a Feature

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to Sponsor a Feature
Date: 2008-06-12 13:49:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> If we want to help people to sponsor features, then I think we need to
>> deal with subjects like finding someone to undertake the development,
>> the sponsor's relationship with the developer, methods and times of
>> payment, etc.
>
> The bit on the wiki is helpful for developers trying to get a new feature
> implemented but I think that's where its scope ends.

We discussed this in the PGCon dev's meeting, and the outcome of the
discussion was that we needed to put up a wiki page explaining to those
trying to pledge the money what to do and what to expect. David took
the first step by writing the page being complained about.

If the page doesn't explain what the title says, then the contents of
the page needs to be fixed (not the title).