WinXP Hibernation problem

From: Steve Midgley <public(at)misuse(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WinXP Hibernation problem
Date: 2007-10-17 18:19:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a general problem but here's the steps I
undertook:

Running IBM T43 w/WinXP SP2 / current patches (+special patch for >1GB
hibernation)

Running PgAdmin 1.8 beta 5 connected to local pg server with sql window
open
Put computer into Hibernation
Woke it up
SQL window had results set displayed but no sql input window
Closed PgAdmin, upgraded to 1.8RC1
Reopened and same problem, but then I figured out that toggling
"View/Output Pane" off then on again fixed the view problem.

I'm not sure if this is related to the fact that I'm a dual monitor
setup (which sometimes also goes wonky on hibernation wakeup).

Maybe others can see if it's a general problem or just me? Basically
the sql input pane disappears when waking from hibernation on a laptop
with a sql window still open. If it's not as general as that, it may be
something to ignore.

If I find other info or better steps to repro, I'll post again.

Thanks for such an excellent product and for your time and energy in
making it so.

Sincerely,

Steve