cube problem

From: ABHANG RANE <arane(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cube problem
Date: 2007-06-08 00:48:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have a table with one column as real[]. Now if I want to make cubes
out of each of
these arrays, is there a way in postgre I can do it. I guess cube
operator is not defined
for real[] but can I create cubes if the column was integer[]. If yes
please may I know
how.

Actually I would pass an real[] array to a function. I want to create a
cube out of this
so that, somehow I can calculate the distance between this cube and
each row in the table
which has a column of real[]. So I would have to create a cube for each
row in the table.
I can write a function which accepts array and calculate such distance
in C but thats too
slow since there are 10 million rows.

Thanks
Abhang