Re: Fabian Pascal and RDBMS deficiencies in fully

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "A(dot)M(dot)" <agentm(at)themactionfaction(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Fabian Pascal and RDBMS deficiencies in fully
Date: 2006-06-09 19:53:00
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 03:18:54PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:

> > > You mean like the Java software I pointed out in the link above?
> > > It's an implementation of Tutorial D.
> >
> > Do let me know when somebody uses it. :)
>
> So "as an empiricist", you have derived that programming in PHP,
> hitting a mysql backend, atop a Windows OS, is far better than that
> wonky perl/postgresql/linux stuff you normally work with, right?

One important difference is that I can (and have) done head-to-head
comparisons of actual systems such as you describe, and thence can
draw some conclusions about what's appropriate for the organization.
Can't really say the same about Rel's attempt at Tutorial D.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778 AIM: dfetter666
Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!