Re: delay of function

From: " Jaromír Kamler" <kamler(at)centrum(dot)cz>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: delay of function
Date: 2006-03-01 21:44:53
Lists: pgsql-novice

>Could you provide a high-level explanation of the problem you're
>trying to solve? The "what" instead of the "how."

I am trying to build data storage for spatial data. Users can export or import inside the storage their spatial data and other users can viewed that data on their PC's by some software (GRASS, QGIS, ...). But in that data storage may be many of tables (spatial layers) and nobody will watching all of them (different projection, accurancy, extend-maximal value of north, east and minimal value of south and west). There must by table with basic informations about all tables in data storage. So that, when someone import any spatial table, some function must write this basic informations inside table basic_metadata. I was trying do this by trigger, like you see, but it looks like bad way, becouse function AddGeomColl() firstly insert record in geometry_columns (i fire my wrong trigger) and after that is created table. I must fire some function after insert all records in new table, but I don't know how. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jaromír Kamler