Re: install

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: crdandridge1(at)comcast(dot)net, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: install
Date: 2006-03-01 21:58:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

postgres.org -> Downloads -> Via FTP -> Binary _v8.1.3
-> linux -> RPMs _Fedora or Redhat (not sure if
eaither will work).

Doesn't Suse Linux have a package manager? did you
try searching your package manager's repository for
postgres 8.1? i'd bet it is available.

you come off as new to linux (i'm relatively new
myself). do you know that you can install and
configure a development box using winxp?

that's what i use right now (and i have specific
instructions to do so - let me know if you want them).
i'm planning to move my dev activities to linux,
however, if i had to learn all i have learned over the
past year *and* been forced up the linux learning
curve at the same time, life would've been even more
challenging.

best of luck.