Re: BUG #1917: autovaccuum crashes

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Theo Schlossnagle <jesus(at)omniti(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1917: autovaccuum crashes
Date: 2005-09-28 13:42:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I wrote

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 04:21:16AM +0100, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:
>
> > Doing large data loads via the COPY command into a set of schema-identical
> > tables table1, table2, table3 all of which inherrit table. (simulating
> > Oracle's partitioning). Periodically, we get:
> >

> > LOG: autovacuum process (PID 9685) was terminated by signal 11
> > LOG: terminating any other active server processes
> > LOG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing
> > LOG: database system was interrupted at 2005-09-27 09:12:49 PDT
>
> > The process doesn't seem to dump core.
>
> Please run "ulimit -c unlimited" and restart the postmaster, to try to
> get a core dump. (It should be in the data/ directory, not in the
> data/base/<oid>/ directory as it used to be in previous versions.)
>
> If it doesn't work, please provide more details on your schema. I'm
> going to try to reproduce your problem here.

I tried and failed. Please post more details, and the exact version you
are using (for example the date you pulled the CVS or nightly snapshot,
or specify if this is a released beta.) A sample schema may be useful
too, though I don't see a problem with inheritance by itself.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34
Si no sabes adonde vas, es muy probable que acabes en otra parte.