Re: BUG #1917: autovaccuum crashes

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Theo Schlossnagle <jesus(at)omniti(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1917: autovaccuum crashes
Date: 2005-09-28 13:24:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 04:21:16AM +0100, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:

> Doing large data loads via the COPY command into a set of schema-identical
> tables table1, table2, table3 all of which inherrit table. (simulating
> Oracle's partitioning). Periodically, we get:
>

> LOG: autovacuum process (PID 9685) was terminated by signal 11
> LOG: terminating any other active server processes
> LOG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing
> LOG: database system was interrupted at 2005-09-27 09:12:49 PDT

> The process doesn't seem to dump core.

Please run "ulimit -c unlimited" and restart the postmaster, to try to
get a core dump. (It should be in the data/ directory, not in the
data/base/<oid>/ directory as it used to be in previous versions.)

If it doesn't work, please provide more details on your schema. I'm
going to try to reproduce your problem here.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
Tulio: oh, para qué servirá este boton, Juan Carlos?