Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Michael Paesold <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends
Date: 2005-08-01 13:14:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 09:55:11AM +0200, Michael Paesold wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> >Here is another patch for autovacuum:
> >- Xid-wraparound VACUUM is now FULL without ANALYZE
>
> Am I right in my assumption that this VACUUM FULL can happen for any
> database, not just a template database?

Ah, right. I think it would be OK if we made it FULL only for
datallowcon=false databases. OTOH maybe it's not worth at all making
the distinction and we should continue using the previous policy of
issuing only non-FULL VACUUM.

"Having your biases confirmed independently is how scientific progress is
made, and hence made our great society what it is today" (Mary Gardiner)