Re: another roles related question

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: "Hackers (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: another roles related question
Date: 2005-07-10 00:17:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Joe Conway (mail(at)joeconway(dot)com) wrote:
> Roles cause a problem for the information schema view table_privileges.

Right.

[...]

> Is this something we should worry about? Or do we just put a warning in
> the docs?

I've already submitted a patch which should correct this. It also adds
a new SQL function which determines if a given user is in a specific
role. It also implements SET ROLE, CURRENT_ROLE and SYSTEM_USER.

Hopefully it'll get applied in some form (I havn't had any response to
it yet at all but I'm guessing people are just busy atm...).

Thanks,

Stephen