Hosting Service Recommendations

From: Chris Kratz <chris(dot)kratz(at)vistashare(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hosting Service Recommendations
Date: 2005-04-25 13:50:29
Lists: pgsql-general

It seems the consensus on this list is that when running postgres, Opterons
outperform Xeons by a significant margin not to mention the CS storms
postgres seems to cause on Xeons. We are looking for a hosting service for a
postgresql based application. Unfortunately, it seems most services
standardize on Dell and by extension Xeon hardware. Do anyone have
recommendations for hosting services that would be able to provide Opteron
based hardware and have decent service? Or are we stuck with Xeons?
--
Chris Kratz