Postgre 8.0 vs 7.3

From: Charl Gerber <charlgerber(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgre 8.0 vs 7.3
Date: 2005-02-24 13:56:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

We have a production environment running postgre 7.3.4
under linux. We are thinking about setting up a
windows only development environment, which would mean
we have to run postgre 8.0 on a windows machine.

Question is, will the code developed under 8.0 run
without problems under 7.3.4? We're only concerned
about the actual SQL syntax, SP and trigger
definitions, FK constraints, etc. Ie, are the syntaxes
for the two versions the same or what do we need to
take into consideration here?

Thanks
Charl