Re: Postgre 8.0 vs 7.3

From: Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql(at)empires(dot)org>
To: Charl Gerber <charlgerber(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: PgSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgre 8.0 vs 7.3
Date: 2005-02-24 18:50:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Well, if you're using a feature that's new in 8.0 or new in 7.4, it
certainly won't work on 7.3.

Aside from that, you should be OK. Look at the changelogs for details
though, as 7.3 is a couple releases behind.

For development, however, you normally want the same versions in the
development environment as the production environment.

Regards,
Jeff Davis