Re: Returning a bool on DELETE in a proc.

From: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Returning a bool on DELETE in a proc.
Date: 2005-01-19 13:18:47
Lists: pgsql-sql

> >So what variable/function is the correct SQL-equivalent to ROW_COUNT and
> >can it be used in the following statement ?
> >like DELETE...; SELECT (ROW_COUNT<>0); to return a bool value?
>
> SQL doesn't support that (although I suppose it could be made to with
> some pg_rows_affected() function).
If someone could only post that pg_rows_affected() function -
this would end all further requests for "row number in result
set" inquiries with the simple advice "use pg_rows_affected()
and join that with an integer table".

I'd know a bunch of uses right off the top of my head.

I suppose it ain't hard at all but my C skills are way to
limited to try anything like that. My understanding, too,
likely.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD 4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346