Re: could not find /usr/local/timezone

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: could not find /usr/local/timezone
Date: 2004-11-05 00:20:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane wrote:
> This is fundamentally broken by the changes to support relocatable
> installs: PG now attempts to find the support files by relative paths
> from the place where the executable was found.

I recall that on some systems the "normal" method of installation is
installing everything in private directory trees and then symlinking
the relevant parts to shared locations. Also, sites using AFS file
systems do things of that kind. I hope these systems aren't going to
be broken completely.

--
Peter Eisentraut